At seniorcareonline, we are continuously updated on the COVID-19 pandemic. Our staff is frequently informed of hospital-based recommendations from multiple national authorities in public health, including our Founder/President who has a Master’s degree in Public Health. We are proud to support seniors and families every day by connecting seniors with caregivers that help older adults to continue to live and “BLOOM” at home.
We feel that the pandemic is an even greater incentive to assure care in the home rather than institutionalization in high density population nursing homes and high-risk facilities.
We encourage an educated response to the threat of COVID-19
- We will post updates and procedures from the CDC, State Department of Health, local and county authorities, the Home Care Association of America, and other agencies and resources
- Our subscribers are given proper educational resources in infectious disease control
- We advise all caregivers to wear masks, to use vigorous and frequent hand-washing with soap and water, to use sanitizing gels (with 70% alcohol level or higher), to use disinfectant wipes to frequently wipe down surfaces, to use proper coughing and sneezing techniques and to properly dispose of any items that may have virus or bacteria on them
There are a number of ways that seniorcareonline caregivers help seniors stay safe at home, including:
- Providing respite care for family members
- Shopping for groceries and running errands
- Providing companionship to combat social isolation
- Giving assistance with communication technology to connect with family/seniors
- Assisting in disinfecting homes
- Providing personal care to assist those with more advanced care needs
As new information becomes available, we will continue to provide resources and information. You can learn more here